Who is eligible to apply for US citizenship?
Individuals who have decided to apply for U.S. citizenship or “naturalization” should understand that there are certain requirements that they have to meet before they become eligible to enjoy all the benefits of a U.S. citizen. A few requirements are as follows:
- Applicants should be at least 18 years old or older
- Depending on the status, applicants should permanently stay in the U.S. for five or three years
- Applicants should have good moral character
- Applicants are expected to have basic U.S. government knowledge
- Applicants are expected to know basic English speaking and writing skills
Applicants should note that some of the above requirements may not apply for some depending on the circumstance and other individuals mostly those who have immediate family members in the U.S. may file immediately for their naturalization.
If you want to know more about the requirements on how to become a naturalized citizen or any information regarding general immigration in the U.S. contact an attorney of AmLaw Group today at (786) 876-9919 to find out how we may help you fulfill your dreams of living in the U.S.
Ask A Business Immigration Lawyer
What are the requirements for an H1B1 Visa?
Can L-1A Visa Be Transferred to Another Company?
Washington DC Office