Buying a Franchise
Buy a U.S. Franchise with Help From Our Miami Immigration Lawyers!
Buying a franchise in the United States is rightfully considered an effective way not only to make a promising investment, but also to obtain temporary or even permanent residence in the U.S. There are various types of visas that are suitable for a franchise purchase scenario. Consult our Miami immigration lawyers to determine which visas you are eligible to apply for!
Acquiring a Visa Through a Franchise
- You must have been employed by a foreign company (outside the United States) in a management position for at least the last three before applying for a visa.
- You must own at least 50% of the franchise and be involved in running its day-to-day operations.
- You should have control over the franchise’s operations (sometimes franchise agreements provide too much authority and control to the franchisor, which can create problems).
If you have concerns and questions about purchasing a franchise for a visa, talk to our business immigration lawyers to discuss your situation.
E-2 Investor Visa
L-1 Visa for Managers and Executives
The other most common option is the L-1 visa. To obtain an L-1 visa, you must meet certain requirements:
- You must have been employed by a foreign company (outside the United States) in a management position for at least the last three before applying for a visa;
- You must declare your intention to be employed by a company in the United States also in a managerial position after visa approval;
- A US company must have at least 6 employees, excluding you, in its first year of operation.
The distinct advantage of the L-1 visa is the ability to switch from L-1 to Green Card by applying for an EB-1c investment visa.
How AmLaw Group Can Help
Our Miami immigration lawyers will select and provide 4 to 5 options for U.S. franchises viable for investment, selected based on your wishes, investment opportunities, location, and other factors.
Our business immigration lawyer will conduct a comprehensive legal due diligence of the business.
Our U.S. immigration lawyers will competently guide you through all stages of immigration to the United States and provide legal and practical assistance in resolving immigration issues up to obtaining a visa.
AmLaw Group is a company with many years of experience. We provide competent and highly qualified assistance in investment and business immigration to the United States.
Our company employs Russian-speaking Miami immigration attorneys. We work with partners who are representatives of various related fields (finance, taxes, real estate).
AmLaw Group provides a full range of legal services, including assisting in business transactions, developing individual immigration investment projects, and helping clients with the purchase of a ready-made business and a franchise.
Our company is based in Miami, Florida, but our experienced immigration attorneys successfully assist clients from all over the world. Competent training and qualified support on all immigration issues is a priority of our employees to ensure that your goal is achieved.
Ask A Business Immigration Lawyer
Washington DC Office