How the USCIS defines “exceptional ability” for the EB-2 visa
In order to be eligible to file for the EB-2 visa, you will need to be able to demonstrate that you possess an “exceptional ability,” as defined by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. In essence, there are two basic requirements that applicants need to meet in order to be considered to have an exceptional ability.
First, you must be able to prove that you have what would be considered an exceptional ability in either business, the sciences, or the arts. To prove this, you will need to be able to provide evidence that shows you meet at least three of the six categories that follow:
- A degree, or equivalent, from a university or other qualifying educational institution
- At least ten years of experience as a full-time employee in your field
- Should one be required, certification or a license to practice in your field
- A history of high compensation that is commiserate with exceptional ability
- Membership with a professional association
- Recognition for specific achievements or contributions to your professional field
Second, you must be able to prove that you will have a substantial positive prospective impact on the U.S. economy, cultural landscape, educational field, or more general national welfare.
If you are able to provide evidence that you meet these two basic requirements, there is a good chance that you will be eligible for the EB-2 visa program. To speak with an EB-2 visa attorneys with the AmLaw Group about working through the application process, please call our offices at (786) 876-9919 today.
Ask A Business Immigration Lawyer
Start your new future in the U.S. now!
How to Find the Best EB-5 Project
What is the Difference Between A Regular EB-2 and EB-2 NIW Green Card Petitions?
1920 E Hallandale Beach Blvd Suite 709 Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Washington DC Office
Dreaming of Living in the U.S.? Our Business Immigration Attorneys Can Help!
Copyright 2023 AmLaw Group - All Rights Reserved | Powered by Advantage Attorney Marketing & Cloud Solutions